Mobile phones are unlocked via IMEI. These phones are unlocked by entering a code using the phone’s keypad.
Requests are made and paid for at Unlock.Zone. Subsequently, Unlock.Zone will e-mail an unlocking code with simple step-by-step instructions for the customer to follow.
Unlock.Zone acts as an intermediary between a number of specialised unlocking service providers and the customer. Our goal is to offer a safe, professional and permanent unlocking service with exceptional customer support for consumers worldwide.
Before you Begin
Unlock.Zone requires that customers carry out the following checks before placing an unlocking request:
- Make sure the phone has not run out of unlocking attempts. Otherwise, the phone will be hard-locked and it will not be possible to IMEI unlock it.
- Check the phone is not blacklisted by the network provider to which the phone is locked as a result of theft, loss or an unpaid bill. If this is the case, we will be able to unlock the phone, however you will not be able to use the phone as normal until it has been removed from the blacklist. Unlock.Zone does not issue refunds for blacklisted phones.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to check whether their phone is already unlocked prior to requesting an unlocking code. We do not issue refunds for phones that are already unlocked.
- Make sure the phone prompts for the unlocking code. Customers can check the details of the model on the Unlock.Zone website or contact our support centre before requesting an unlocking code.
- Make sure the phone has always had original software. The unlocking code is only guaranteed to work with the original manufacturer and provider software. Customers may contact our support centre if they have any doubts regarding this issue.
- Make sure Apple iPhones are not locked by iCloud passwords under ‘Find my iPhone’ protection. If the case, unlocking will not be possible. If the customer has forgotten the password or cannot log into the phone, it is recommended they contact Apple or the original vendor.
- Have access to all the necessary phone passwords required such as PIN, PUK, unlocking pattern, or Vodafone Protect key. Unlocking will not be possible if the customer does not know the access passwords. Refunds will not be issued under these circumstances as it is the user’s responsibility to know this information. Unlock.Zone commits to help and resolve any doubts or issues once the customer recovers the lost password(s).
In some cases, which will be explained to the customer, a SIM card from a provider other than the original will be necessary to complete the unlocking process.
If you cannot perform these checks, contact us at [email protected] before making your request.
In some cases, you may have to enter a SIM card from a non-accepted provider to complete the unlocking process.
Unlocking requests will be processed once payment has been completed successfully. You will then receive an e-mail confirming your request. If you have not, please check your spam filter. Unlock.Zone reserves the right to refuse to process a request at any time if there is any suspicion of illegal or fraudulent activities involved.
Average and Guaranteed Delivery Times
The “Average Delivery Time” is the average time it took to deliver the last 20 unlocking codes for the selected phone.
The “Guaranteed Delivery Time” is the maximum time required to deliver you unlocking code. Despite having an automated code delivery system, Guaranteed Delivery Times do not take into account weekends or holidays.
Average and Guaranteed Delivery Times may vary depending on the phone and network provider.
Delays are extremely rare but if they happen we will make every effort to determine the cause of the problem and find a solution. If this is not possible, e-mail us and we will issue a refund. Please keep in mind that some delays are caused by external suppliers and extraordinary circumstances.
Unlock.Zone will not be held responsible for delays caused by external suppliers, but will make every effort to deliver the unlocking code with the utmost diligence and in the shortest time possible.
Occasionally, an unlocking request may be delayed due to circumstances beyond Unlock.Zone’s control. This means the instructions on how to complete the unlocking process will not be delivered within the guaranteed delivery time.
In these situations, Unlock.Zone will send the customer an email with information on the delay, a new delivery time and be given 24 hours from receipt of the email to cancel the request if they no longer wish to continue waiting.
If a reply from the customer is not received within 24 hours, Unlock.Zone will reprocess the request automatically with the intention of delivering the unlocking instructions as soon as possible within the new time frame. The request cannot be cancelled once reprocessed.
Business hours: weekdays from 09:00 to 17:00 (GMT, GMT+1 on summertime).
Prices will be displayed in your local currency. However if your local currency is not supported by our system, prices will be displayed in GBP (Pounds Stearling). Please be aware there might be slight differences in website prices and bank charges due to currency conversion differences. Prices include all applicable taxes.
Unlocking code prices may suffer variations from one day to another. However, Unlock.Zone will guarantee the price displayed on the web at the time of checkout.
Cancelling your Order
As per the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, you have the right to cancel your request within 14 days, starting the day after the date that the contract is entered into (regulation 30(2)) without giving any reason or incurring any liability during the cancellation period.
For IMEI unlock code requests, Unlock.Zone allows you to cancel your request and receive a full refund by answering the confirmation e-mail, or sending an e-mail directly to [email protected] using the same e-mail account you used to make the request, during a 10-minute window immediately after submitting the request. After 10 minutes, our system will automatically process your request making cancellations and refunds no longer possible.
Unlock.Zone will refund your request in the following cases:
- The unlocking code does not exist: If the unlocking code for your phone is not available and none of the clauses detailed in section ii (subsections A, B, C, D, and E) apply, Unlock.Zone will refund your request.
- Incorrect unlocking code and/or instructions: Video proof will be required if the unlocking code does not work. The client must send an uncut video dialling *#06# to display the IMEI on the phone and typing the unlocking code provided by Unlock.Zone. The image must be sharp enough to show the keys, display screen texts clearly and should show the phone at all times.
- The video helps Unlock.Zone detect errors during the unlocking process. In these cases, Unlock.Zone will contact the customer via e-mail to solve the problem. Otherwise, if the unlocking code is incorrect, Unlock.Zone will request a second code free of charge or issue a refund if none of the clauses detailed in section (ii) (subsections A, B, C, D, and E) apply.
(ii) Unlock.Zone will not issue refunds in the following cases:
- Blacklisted, phone reported blocked: These phones will remain inoperable despite any attempt to unlock them. If you have found or bought a phone from a stranger, make sure it has not been blacklisted/reported or blocked before requesting an unlocking code. Unlock.Zone will not issue refunds for such phones.
- Unlocking attempts exhausted: Some phones have limited unlocking attempts. Once exhausted, unlocking the phone via IMEI will not be possible unless the counter is reset. This reset is not always possible for some phones. We urge our customers to contact Unlock.Zone before exhausting unlocking attempts in an effort to find alternative solutions. Unlock.Zone will not issue refunds if the phone has exhausted its unlocking attempts but will attempt to help solve the problem.
- Free/unlocked phones: Unlock.Zone cannot check whether a phone is free or has been previously unlocked. We urge our customers to perform this check before making a request since Unlock.Zone will not refund requests of free or previously unlocked phones.
- Placing request with wrong information: Requests with wrong IMEI number, serial number, make, model, provider, e-mail address or service selected (Device Unlock, Premium, Worldwide etc.) will not be refunded. Please check the details of your request before checkout.
- Software and/or hardware modifications: Any sort of modification to the original software and/or hardware settings of the phone that might interfere with the functioning of the unlocking code and instructions supplied by Unlock.Zone.
Refunds will be processed within 2-3 working days.
Unlock.Zone will issue refunds either to the credit card, bank or PayPal account used in the purchase, or as Unlock.Zone ‘Credits’. Depending on the user’s bank situation, refunds may take 48 to 72 hours to be credited.
Refunds in credit will grant the user “Credits” that can be used in future purchases at Unlock.Zone, thus avoiding transfer and banking fees. Credits granted as a refund do not have an expiration date.
Bank transfer refunds may only be made to accounts held at institutions from the United Kingdom. Unlock.Zone will not issue international transfers, since this payment method is only available in this country. If the customer wishes, and accepts the transfer fees, an account from a different country may be selected; however, Unlock.Zone will only be able to transfer the funds to an account in the United Kingdom. Unlock.Zone recommends selecting a different payment method for international transactions: Credit Card, PayPal, Bitcoin etc.
Unlock.Zone allows you to make payments using a variety of methods including:
- Bank/Credit Card (AMEX, JCB, MAESTRO, MASTERCARD, VISA)
- Unlock.Zone Credits
Online credit card payments are performed over Secure Socket Layer (SSL) which encodes and encrypts your credit card detail.
To avoid fraudulent activities Unlock.Zone may request additional information to ensure customer safety before processing a request.
Unlock.Zone offers customers a loyalty programme in the form of Unlock.Zone “Credits”.
Customers will be able to receive “Credits” upon signing up, placing a request, recommending services, and taking part in contests and promotions held by Unlock.Zone:
These are the programme features:
- Credits” are to be redeemed upon purchasing services from Unlock.Zone.
- Each “Credit” is equivalent to 1 GBP or the corresponding exchange value for other currencies.
- “Credits” may only be used to purchase services offered by Unlock.Zone.
- Purchases of Unlock.Zone services that are paid for partially or totally with “Credits” will not issue additional “Credits”.
- “Credits” have a validity of three months after the date of issue.
- “Credits” that originate from refunds, also known as “Refund Credits”, will not expire.
Unlock.Zone withholds the right to single-handedly cancel any requests deemed to be using “Credits” without respecting the programme’s conditions, and not restore the available credits to the user’s account.
Best Price Guarantee
If you find a website with better prices within the first 24 hours of your purchase, Unlock.Zone will refund the difference in credits (1 credit = 1 GBP).
- Prices must include additional taxes and fees involved in the transaction.
- Prices should be accessible to any user. Discounted prices and special offers will not be taken into account.
- Only full payments will be eligible for a refund.
The website must meet the following criteria:
- Must be backed by a real company, listed in an official registry.
- Comply with all legal and fiscal obligations in accordance with current regulations (including without limitation, Privacy, Data Protection Act and Taxes etc.).
- Issue invoices to customers.
- Offer a comparable service, customer support, telephone service, payment methods, delivery times and issue unlocking codes with step-by-step instructions.
- The site must have been updated in the last six months.
To claim a refund, please e-mail us at [email protected] with the following details:
- Website URL.
- Screenshot of the checkout page displaying price, date and time.
- Company name and TAX number.
- Your Unlock.Zone request ID.
Unlock.Zone acts as an intermediary between a number of specialised unlocking service providers and the customer. Our goal is to offer a safe, professional unlocking service with exceptional customer service for consumers worldwide.
Unlock.Zone is not responsible for the methods or procedures used by unlocking code suppliers. Should you have any concerns regarding this issue, please contact us for further clarification before making your request.
If you reside in the United States of America, it is your responsibility to make sure your phone was manufactured before January 26, 2013. For more information please refer to the latest legislation amendments to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
Unlock.Zone is not aware of the customer’s legal obligations with his/her network and thus cannot be held responsible for any contract breaches the customer may incur with his/her network provider as a result of unlocking a phone.