1. What are cookies?
2. What are cookies used for?
In order to help you, cookies may be used to:
– Limit the frequency with which you will see particular advertisements or announcement from Unlock.Zone on our website;
– Identify your defaults where you have customized your profile;
– Keep track of how many times you do specific things, such as posting in the forums;
– Track where you have come from if you were referred to our website;
– Provide you with self-help information;
– Make our offers more relevant to you by taking into account your response to previous, similar offers;
– remarket Unlock.Zone ads to you as you browse the internet; and
– help us understand how our advertising impressions correlate with visits to web pages on Unlock.Zone so we can improve our marketing strategies.
3. These cookies are used by Unlock.Zone to maintain personal preferences
napasessionID, napaUser, napald
– These are needed for member log-in
VISITORID, !lithiumSSO, lithiumSSO:napa
– These link your profile with Lithium – the platform used for the community and the blog
– Used for mobile browsers who wish to view the full site
4. Third party cookies
Aw + id, AW (Flash cookie), _AW_M_+id
– Set when you click on an Affiliate link to give an idea of the site you’ve come from
– Used when you click on an advert, so that you don’t get served the same ad lots of times
– Set when you click an advert to let Unlock.Zone and AW know where you went after seeing the Advert
Addvantage, AdFonic, AdNetic, Affectv, Invite Media, Audience 2 Media, Clickbrokers, Ebay, Exchange Lab, Gumtree, Interactive Media, Invite Media, IPT, Linking Mobile, MSN, Specific Media, Quantcast, Struq, Yahoo, Youth Media
– Used for tracking visits, re-targeting and tracking SIM orders
Double Click Cookie
– Used to support Google Analytics for Display Advertising functionality and specifically to implement the following features: Re-marketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration and Google Analytics Demographics and Interesting reporting.
– If you want to opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising you can do so by changing your preferences here: www.google.com/settings/ads and using the Google Analytics opt-out tool here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
– The information gathered by this cookie will be used together with other cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) by us and third party vendors, including Google:
- in respect of re-marketing, to inform, optimize and serve ads online to you based on your previous visits to Unlock.Zone;
- in respect of Google Display Network Impression Reporting and the DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration, to report how our ad impressions, other use of ad services and interactions with these impressions and services are related to your visit to Unlock.Zone; and
- in respect of Google Analytics Demographics and Interesting Reporting, to use data from Google’s interest-based advertising, or third-party audience data to tailor the types of ad you are served.
We also use Flashplayer for our video content, Adobe uses Flash Cookies (Local shared objects) to improve user experience.
If you wish to disable or delete a Flash cookie, see Adobe Flashplayer Security Settings . Please bear in mind though, that if you disable Flash cookies for Unlock.Zone you’ll unable to access certain types of content on the site, such as videos.
5. How do I manage cookies?
You can accept or decline cookies. Most PCs automatically accept them but you can modify your browser settings to decline them if you wish. Each browser is different, so check the ‘Help’ menu of your browser (or your mobile phone’s manual) to learn how to change your cookie preferences. You can also decline the use of certain third party advertising by visiting this site please note we’re not responsible for content contained on this site.
If you decline cookies, some aspects of the Unlock.Zone site may not work on your PC/mobile phone and you may not be able to access areas you want on the website. For this reason we recommend that you accept cookies.
Finally, please note that advertisers and other third parties (such as YouTube, Facebook and Twitter) may use their own cookies when you click on their advertisement or link to their site, on or from our website. These third parties are responsible for setting their own cookie and privacy policies.
If you’d like to learn more about cookies in general and how to manage them, visit aboutcookies.org.