The Samsung Galaxy S9 is the greatest smartphone Samsung has made in years. It’s as simple as that! The phone is jam-packed with the very best components currently available, making it the must-have smartphone of the year (sorry Apple). And for those who wanted something with a bit more style, Samsung also introduced the Galaxy S9 Plus, which features a curved display that seamlessly fades into the side of the phone. It seems the only blemish on this year’s flagship smartphone from Samsung is poor battery life, but that’s easily solved with an external battery pack or a Qi wireless charger.
While the Samsung Galaxy S9 and Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus may be purchased with unlocked SIM slots, anyone who has purchased either of the phones probably bought a locked phone from a carrier. If that’s you, you will need to SIM unlock your Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus if you are considering switching carrier or intend to use a local SIM card while traveling overseas. While you can buy a Samsung Galaxy S9 SIM unlock code from Unlock.Zone™ or other third-party SIM unlocking services, we always recommend trying the free option below. As crazy as it sounds, the US carrier will often give you a SIM unlock code for your phone absolutely free provided that your account remains in good standing and you get the right person on the line.
Note: If you own a T-Mobile-branded Samsung Galaxy S9, Unlock.Zone™ offers an unlock service using the Device Unlock app, even when T-Mobile states that the phone is not eligible for unlocking.
Request your Samsung Galaxy S9, S9 Plus SIM unlock code from your carrier
- Open the phone app and dial # 06 # to locate your phone’s IMEI number
- Jot down your IMEI number
- Call your carrier’s customer support number and request the SIM unlock code for your Samsung Galaxy S9
- You may need to state that you plan to us a local service while traveling overseas
- Provide your Galaxy S9 IMEI number to the customer support rep to process the sim unlock request
- Your carrier will typically email you the SIM unlock code in 1-3 days
SIM unlock your Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus
- Remove the SIM tray on the side of the phone with the SIM tool
- Replace the SIM card with one from another carrier
- When prompted, enter the SIM unlock code you received from your service provider
- Your Samsung Galaxy S9 is now SIM unlocked!
If your carrier isn’t happy to hand over the SIM unlock code free of charge, you will need to buy the code for your Samsung galaxy S9 from a third-party service. Unlock.Zone™ and most other services can find the unlock code for your phone in 1-2 days and offer a refund guarantee if the code doesn’t work or can not be found.